Jim Leslie is the Chief Technology Officer of A1 Garage Door Service. He is known as Tommy’s right-hand man and go-to guy for building software needed by A1, and is also a great contributor to the success of organizing Vertical Track events.
In this special episode of The Home Service Expert Podcast, Tommy and Jim talked about Vertical Track, and what participants can expect from the 3-day live event in October.
Are you struggling to build a scalable business?
If you’re ready to build systems to scale and stop being a firefighter, I recommend you to attend Vertical Track this October. The recession is coming, and you better prepare to be part of the companies thriving, rather than the ones struggling with it. Click the link below to learn more about Vertical Track:
Learn more about Vertical Track and reserve your seat today!
- Introducing Jim Leslie. [0:52]
- Jim’s career journey prior to joining A1. [1:38]
- Jim talks about the checklist app he’s currently working on. [4:51]
- What Vertical Track is all about. [8:26]
- Some vendors that A1 currently is working with. [9:43]
- Why Vertical Track now has a networking ticket option. [11:55]
- Why Tommy decided to organize Vertical Track. [12:38]
- Why Vertical Track expanded into other home service industries. [13:33]
- Deciding the most appropriate key speakers for Vertical Track. [14:09]
- Why Vertical Track stands out from other similar events. [18:03]
- Some key insights from the previously held Vertical Track event. [19:23]
- Partnerships that Vertical Track has established. [20:39]
- What the future of Vertical Track looks like. [22:21]
- Some of the most important topics that home service owners can expect to learn from Vertical Track. [25:10]
- Tommy’s definition of what “freedom” is. [25:37]
- What to prepare for the upcoming Vertical Track event. [27:30]
- Where Vertical Track got its name. [30:13]
- What else to expect from the upcoming Vertical Track event. [34:02]
- How to get more information about Vertical Track. [37:22]
- How Jim keeps track of all of Tommy’s ideas. [37:48]
- A book that Tom bought for his team. [40:21]
- Jim’s closing message to home service business owners. [42:48]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Vertical Track
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Power Selling Pros
- Ken Goodrich
- Al Levi
- Howard Partridge
- Ara Mahdessian
- The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!