Uzair Ahmed is a Solutions Consultant at Cottonwood Automation, a home-service business process automation and outsourcing firm mainly for plumbing and HVAC systems. After graduating with a degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta, he started his career in a hybrid sales and technical role at Baker Hughes. Now, he works with business clients to reduce their costs by up to 60% through automating workflows and building an offshore team.
In this episode, we talked about automation, employee appreciation, hiring and training strategies…
- Introducing Uzair Ahmed. [2:13]
- How Uzair reduces costs through automating HVAC and plumbing. [4:50]
- The biggest problem with HVAC parts suppliers. [6:27]
- Pre-recorded messages versus personally receiving calls. [8:08]
- Situations where automation and AI pay off in business systems. [10:16]
- The importance of writing down everything about your business. [11:42]
- Data engineering, machine learning and regression analysis in businesses. [15:12]
- Why business owners have issues with capacity planning. [16:07]
- The benefits of hiring and delegation when managing tasks. [19:55]
- The four things you need to be doing as a business owner. [23:23]
- AI agents and the future of web developers in the industry. [26:12]
- Key steps on how to start automating processes. [28:09]
- Difficulties with scaling the automation business. [29:37]
- How to get more information about Uzair. [35:21]
- Three books on Uzair’s reading list. [35:49]
- Where to draw the line when working with friends in the business. [49:56]
- Uzair’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [52:09]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!