Tom Reber is a coach and sales expert who specializes in leadership within the contracting business. The co-founder of the Contractor Sales Academy and host of The Contractor Fight Podcast, he got his start in the painting industry, and reached 400 jobs a year before the recession hit. Now, he helps entrepreneurs learn how to take control of their businesses and increase their earnings, and is one of the most sought-after contractor coaches & consultants in the United States.
In this episode, we talked about leadership, recruitment, contracting…
- Introducing Tom Reber. [1:05]
- His background, and some experiences that listeners can learn from. [2:05]
- Lessons from the military that have proven to be invaluable in business. [5:29]
- How anonymous surveys can have a significant impact on identifying causes of problems in the business. [11:00]
- Some of the biggest challenges that Tom had to face right before the recession, and how he overcame them. [14:04]
- How to focus on the data when it comes to evaluating employee performance and meeting expectations. [18:40]
- What being a “helicopter boss” means, and why that tendency has to be avoided [27:30]
- Why delegation and finding the right people all play into one whole culmination of a great outcome for business. [31:28]
- How to price products the right way. [39:03]
- Why it’s important for business owners to surround themselves with people who can help them reach a new ceiling in their business life. [43:43]
- The most common reason why home services businesses find it really tough to grow beyond a certain peak — and how to get over it. [46:56]
- How building strong relationships creates returning customers and easier upsell opportunities. [52:00]
- How following up can mean the difference between a stagnant lead and an actual conversion. [53:56]
- Understanding the difference between providing quality service and just overcharging. [58:13]
- How to “own your own crap” and become a better leader. [1:03:07]
- Two books on Tom’s reading list. [1:07:27]
- How to get more information about Tom. [1:08:38]
- Tom’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:09:04]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.