Shaun Weiss is a head coach and trainer for Business Development Resources, a training and coaching authority in the home service industry. He was named as one of the Top 40 Under 40 in the ACHR news list.
In this episode, we talked about sales, company structures, home services…
- Introducing Shaun Weiss. [1:24]
- Shaun’s former career with Business Development Resources. [2:33]
- How a compensation program should be to motivate employees. [4:33]
- Hiring the right person for the job. [7:48]
- The importance of identifying a profit goal. [12:38]
- What a plumbing-centric company should focus on. [17:47]
- The structure of Business Development Resources. [22:06]
- What the common mistakes are in the service industry. [25:00]
- Why trust is an important component in the B2C industry. [26:02]
- How to train employees accordingly with manuals and KPIs. [36:57]
- How to get the right synergy when there’s a cultural difference between two companies. [46:43]
- Why a company system is relevant to the employees’ growth. [50:24]
- The common setbacks of business owners. [55:30]
- How to get more information about Shaun. [57:23]
- A book on Shaun’s reading list. [58:01]
- Shaun’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:01:12]
Resources and People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU PRE-ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $180M Garage Door business. Pre-order it now and get access to its first chapter before everyone else!