Cheryl McRae is the director of vertical marketing at Scorpion. She is an award-winning professional with over 15 years of national and international marketing experience in telecommunications, biomedical, software, real estate, travel, financial, automotive, and retail.
Josh Smith is the VP of marketing at Scorpion’s Home Services division. He continually sharpens the team with industry knowledge, support, and tools to ensure that home services professionals increase their revenue and grow their businesses.
In this episode, we talked about digital marketing, product positioning and branding, leadership and motivation, team building and management….
- Introducing Cheryl McRae and Josh Smith. [1:28]
- Some background on Cheryl. [4:10]
- The day-to-day goings-on at Scorpion. [5:27]
- What Scorpion’s perfect avatar looks like, and how to identify the perfect avatar. [6:27]
- Some background on Josh. [8:36]
- The difference between working with a client and working in a partnership, and the benefits of adopting the latter mindset. [12:36]
- What the data says about what works and what doesn’t work for home service businesses. [17:30]
- Getting started on all of this, particularly for small businesses with limited budgets and/or experience (e.g. three-man operations). [26:25]
- Finding amazing people that care about and buy into your dream, and work towards executing it. [35:30]
- Building a brand from the very beginning. [43:43]
- How to get more information about Cheryl and Josh. [51:00]
- Three books on Cheryl’s and Josh’s reading lists. [52:49]
- Cheryl’s and Josh’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [56:50]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- The Sharpest Tool Podcast
- Al Levi
- Money Mailer
- Ken Goodrich
- Jim Abrams
- Good to Great by James Collins
- The 5 Levels of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Positioning by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- F.T.I.: Failure to Implement by Howard Partridge
- The 7-Power Contractor by Al Levi
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Brand Aid by Brad VanAuken
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.