Ryan Englin is the CEO of Core Matters and an Advisor of Fathom. Core Matters helps out blue-collar companies in the hiring and retention process of their employees. Ryan shares his expertise in a podcast entitled “Blue Collar Culture Podcast” where he highlights success stories and shares secrets to winning with blue-collar culture. He also published a book titled “How to Hire the Ones You Won’t Want to Fire: The Art of Pulling Back Their Mask to Really Know the Person You’re About to Hire.”
In this episode, we talked about hiring, recruiting, employee retention, training…
- Introducing Ryan Englin. [1:04]
- How Ryan started his work 10 years ago. [04:31]
- The real reason why people leave their jobs. [08:09]
- Figuring out your core values. [11:37]
- Why employee referrals play an important role in the hiring process. [15:34]
- How to keep your employees engaged in the workplace. [23:18]
- The four platforms Ryan uses in the hiring process. [26:11]
- The most important thing in hiring. [28:32]
- Why things fail in the retention process. [36:56]
- Keeping the best environment for your employees. [39:26]
- Why Ryan chose to write his book. [50:46]
- What Ryan thinks of businesses impacted by seasonality. [53:23]
- How to contact Ryan. [57:00]
- Three books in Ryan’s reading list. [57:21]
- Ryan’s most important advice to business owners. [59:23]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- How to Hire the Ones You Don’t Want to Fire by Ryan Englin and Jeremy Macliver
- Website: Core Matters
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to do About it by Michael E. Gerber
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; the Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!
I just finished another great podcast of yours that showed up in my Twitter feed. Ryan seams to really understand people’s motivations.
Keep pushing….I know you don’t need the encouragement. It us how you are built.
I keep expecting to see an A1 branch open up in Nashville, TN.
Please say hello to Adam and your Dad for me, thanks!