Nellie Akalp is the CEO and founder of CorpNet. She specializes in engaging with small business owners, entrepreneurs, accountants, and other professionals and sharing advice and tips for business success. She has authored several books, and is a regular contributor for prominent publications in the industry.
In this episode, we talked about tax auditing, bookkeeping, leadership…
- Introducing Nellie Akalp. [1:08]
- Nellie’s story, and her path to success. [1:35]
- The career challenges she faced, and how she overcame them. [4:34]
- The biggest mistakes beginner entrepreneurs make when it comes to legal issues. [7:01]
- Why anyone would set up a limited liability corporation (LL). [8:44]
- The process of doing taxes as an LLC. [12:10]
- Recommendations for “audit-proofing” your business. [13:34]
- Nellie’s recommended tools for bookkeeping and tax auditing. [16:00]
- Preparation for succession planning, and how that applies to different aspects of one’s business (including the formation of an LLC). [17:34]
- Nellie’s insights on recruiting and leadership. [20:47]
- Finding the right people, and how to motivate them. [23:00]
- Tips on working with relatives and loved ones. [25:17]
- Information about the new tax law and what it will do for companies. [27:34]
- The advantages of being an underdog in the business world, and how to compete with the “800-pound gorillas” out there. [29:09]
- How to become an expert in one’s industry and a contributor for esteemed publications. [31:37]
- Social media’s role in helping you become an industry expert. [33:37]
- The perks of being an influencer in one’s chosen field. [36:10]
- How to get more information about Nellie and the CorpNet partner program. [37:58]
- Nellie’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [40:06]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.