Tommy Mello is the author of Home Service Millionaire and the founder of A1 Garage Doors, a $200 million-plus home service business with over 700 employees in 19 states. Through HomeServiceMillionaire.com and the Home Service Expert podcast, Tommy shares his experience and insights to help fellow entrepreneurs scale their businesses.
In this special episode of the Home Service Expert podcast, Tommy answers your biggest questions about customer retention, business strategies, task delegation…
- Tommy’s work updates, books, and social media accounts. [1:29]
- The Home Service Expert podcast reaching 1M downloads. [9:52]
- The benefits of AI for smaller businesses. [12:41]
- Learning how to make a business from scratch. [14:55]
- Why service agreements work so well. [22:49]
- Hiring the right people and marketing to the right employees. [26:20]
- Customers as the central point of your business. [27:53]
- Remarketing and ads for better client retention. [28:51]
- The basic steps of delegating tasks properly. [31:21]
- What to prioritize when going through business acquisitions. [32:05]
- Tips for remunerating installers and structuring performance-based pay. [36:50]
- The story behind how Tommy built his business. [39:04]
- Tommy’s words of wisdom for lifelong learners. [42:10]
- Adopting innovative ventilation systems for garage door service companies. [45:03]
- How to know if you’re getting good customers. [50:36]
- Finding a job you are passionate about and enjoy. [56:28]
- The dangers of over-ordering for manufacturers. [1:06:32]
- What catapulted A1 from being a $10-million dollar company to where it is now. [1:09:36]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!