Four world-class marketing experts discussed how home service businesses can approach their marketing to not only survive but also thrive during these challenging times.
Lorne Sederoff is the director of channel development at Search Kings. He is a certified expert at anything and everything there is to do about Google for marketing and lead generation, from its algorithms to its features.
Dennis Yu is a world-renowned expert and speaker on Facebook marketing. He is the founder and CEO of BlitzMetrics, a social media analytics firm in Portland that provides clients such as MTV, Nickelodeon, and Dominos Pizza with analytics and strategy.
Brian Slutsky is the owner and founder of ThinkTank Media & Marketing. He is a seasoned media and marketing specialist who, with decades of industry experience, provides clients with strategic planning, inspirational creative and measurable results.
Allan Dib is the bestselling author of “The 1-Page Marketing Plan.” A seasoned entrepreneur, he reaches out and works with people across the globe as a business coach and consultant, applying years of experience in helping businesses grow with technology and strategic action.
In this episode, we talked about marketing strategy, customer relationships, digital marketing…
- Introducing Lorne Sederoff and what his company does. [1:11]
- Some information about Google Local Services. [2:10]
- The current state of marketing for “non-essential” businesses in light of the current pandemic. [3:44]
- Some good examples of marketing messages in this ongoing health crisis. [4:44]
- Why it’s important for both essential and non-essential businesses to be doing marketing right now. [6:27]
- Some not-so-good examples of marketing right now, and why they should be avoided. [7:50]
- More information on the US stimulus program for small businesses. [9:27]
- The fundamentals of Google Local Services and its larger impact on business. [10:57]
- How to get the best results out of Google My Business. [14:30]
- Lorne’s thought process behind Google Local Services. [16:01]
- How to save money on Pay Per Click. [19:07]
- The top ranking factors on Google Local Services. [23:20]
- Lorne’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [26:15]
- Introducing Dennis Yu. [28:13]
- Dennis’ top three pieces of advice for marketing during this health crisis. [29:07]
- How using multiple social media channels can boost your marketing. [38:53]
- What “plumbing” means within the context of the “social amplification machine”—and how all of that affects your marketing. [41:09]
- Knowing which social media platforms to use for which stages of the funnel, depending on what’s appropriate for your target demographic. [45:38]
- What we need to be doing today to take advantage of the current climate and what small businesses need to be thinking about. [47:57]
- Introducing Bryan Slutsky. [49:08]
- The current state of traditional marketing channels, and the benefits of exploring new avenues and campaigns for marketing. [51:55]
- How to craft a marketing message that resonates well with your audience in the current COVID-19 climate. [55:40]
- Why you should not sound desperate for business in your marketing campaigns. [1:04:20]
- Understanding how the different marketing mediums work, and how you can achieve the best results with the right mix. [1:10:02]
- Important considerations for media buying strategies, based on the location of your market. [1:12:52]
- How to get more information about Bryan. [1:15:51]
- Introducing Allan Dib. [1:17:02]
- Why it’s important to build an “anti-fragile” business and perspective during this time. [1:18:48]
- Where businesses should be investing their marketing dollars right now to get the best results. [1:23:18]
- What we could be working on if we’re not staying busy at work during this pandemic. [1:26:01]
- The type of message we should be communicating to our markets. [1:29:19]
- Keeping an eye out for opportunities during and after the pandemic. [1:31:03]
- How to build and understand your business plan during this extended downtime period. [1:33:24]
- Allan’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:39:40]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!