Marc Tatarsky is the SVP of Marketing at FieldAware, a field service management software company. Throughout his 25 years of professional marketing and business experience, he has held various leadership positions in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and Consulting. This industry veteran has served as an agent of growth at some of the world’s largest technology companies, including Pactera Technologies, Accenture and NTT Data Services.
In this episode, we talked about marketing, human resources, project management, international development, data…
- Introducing Marc Tatarsky. [1:42]
- A bit of background information about Marc. [3:52]
- Understanding what FieldAware is and what it does for companies. [7:44]
- What a data-driven approach means, and the opportunities that arise from focusing on data. [9:27]
- Projections for technology and data in the next five to ten years. [12:29]
- Knowing the right KPIs to measure, and why you shouldn’t bite off more than you can chew when it comes to data collection. [15:05]
- Some common examples of data that’s often overlooked by most business owners. [18:57]
- Operational maturity, and handling and designating responsibilities as the company grows. [23:17]
- Developing effective ways to motivate your team. [25:32]
- Some of the most common and frequent market challenges. [27:05]
- The importance of establishing fundamental infrastructure in achieving sustainable company growth. [30:43]
- Knowing when it’s a good time for businesses to be expanding. [35:19]
- The impact of branding versus direct marketing. [40:00]
- Marketing insights that are typically glossed over. [41:14]
- How to get more information about Marc. [46:42]
- Three books on Marc’s reading list. [47:18]
- Marc’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [49:40]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Six Tires, No Plan: The Impossible Journey of the Most Inspirational Leader That (Almost) Nobody Knows by Michael Rosenbaum
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Toyota Way by Jeffrey Liker
- FSM Metrics to Measure
- Field Service Maturity, Is the Time Right for Your Evolution?
- Research Report: Benchmarking the New Normal from Year Zero
- Webinar: Uptime-as-a-Service (UtaaS) — Driving Service Excellence, Cost Reduction, and Growth in the New Normal
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.