Kevin Newton is the founder and CEO of Honest Abe Roofing, America’s largest and most successful roofing franchise that focuses on consultations, installations, and repairs. He recognized the importance of operating like a retail business, emphasizing advertising and customer service as key pillars for success. Kevin’s leadership and innovative mindset have shaped Honest Abe Roofing into a trailblazing force in the industry.
In this episode, we talked about franchise models, business systems, management strategies…
- Introducing Uzair Ahmed. [2:13]
- How Uzair reduces costs through automating HVAC and plumbing. [4:50]
- The biggest problem with HVAC parts suppliers. [6:27]
- Pre-recorded messages versus personally receiving calls. [8:08]
- Situations where automation and AI pay off in business systems. [10:16]
- The importance of writing down everything about your business. [11:42]
- Data engineering, machine learning and regression analysis in businesses. [15:12]
- Why business owners have issues with capacity planning. [16:07]
- The benefits of hiring and delegation when managing tasks. [19:55]
- The four things you need to be doing as a business owner. [23:23]
- AI agents and the future of web developers in the industry. [26:12]
- Key steps on how to start automating processes. [28:09]
- Difficulties with scaling the automation business. [29:37]
- How to get more information about Uzair. [35:21]
- Three books on Uzair’s reading list. [35:49]
- Where to draw the line when working with friends in the business. [49:56]
- Uzair’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [52:09]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!