Josh Trees started We Hang Christmas Lights, a Christmas light installation business, in 1997 for residential and commercial clients in Temecula, California. By the third year of his business, he hit a net profit of right around $138,000, and to this day, his business continues to enjoy the benefits of incredibly fast growth.
In this episode, we talked about marketing, business strategy, recruitment, seasonal businesses…
- Introducing Josh Trees. [1:09]
- More information about Josh. [3:29]
- Comparing commercial clients versus residential clients. [8:04]
- How the We Hang Christmas Lights licensing program works, and the benefits it offers through cooperative marketing. [11:56]
- Tips for recruiting for a seasonal business like Christmas lights. [16:01]
- Why “preventing fires” is much easier than “fighting fires” when it comes to running a company. [21:29]
- Three important things to know before getting into the Christmas lights business. [27:07]
- Helpful pieces of advice for all small business entrepreneurs out there. [30:00]
- How struggling entrepreneurs can get back on track and adopt the right mindset to succeed. [38:23]
- Activity versus productivity, and the roles of a leader in training and delegating. [43:15]
- How to spend a $10,000 marketing budget. [49:12]
- Understanding your money, and why it’s all about the bottom line. [55:08]
- How to get more information about Josh. [57:37]
- Three books on Josh’s reading list. [58:25]
- Josh’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:02:42]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!