Joe Crisara is called America’s Service Sales Coach, and is a world-wide sales educator and entrepreneur. He combines 40 years of contracting experience with strong expertise in performing “Pure Motive Service.” He co-developed a sales educational firm and website for HVAC, plumbing and electrical service contractors, www.ContractorSelling.com, that helps thousands of owners, managers, service techs and sales people in the HVAC, plumbing and electrical contracting business create high revenue and personal income by understanding and utilizing the principles of persuasion, selling, presentation and closing.
In this episode, we talked about sales, coaching, customer service…
- Introducing Joe Crisara. [1:21]
- Why the technical aspects of the service business only comprise 50% of the work. [3:59]
- Why high-quality customer service is more than enough to sell you to a customer. [10:49]
- About businessmen who ruin the industry’s reputation with shady business practices, and why service and sales go together. [16:06]
- Creating an environment where people can sell themselves effectively. [20:14]
- How Joe got started as a coach. [21:54]
- Why many people are afraid to hire consultants, seeing it as an expenditure instead of an investment—and where many consultants go wrong. [24:05]
- How to craft a marketing message that can help you find the customers that want the experience you’re offering (and can afford that experience). [27:36]
- How much the industry has changed since the ‘90s. [33:08]
- The one thing that many people in the service industry struggle to learn, that could actually bring their game to the next level. [40:50]
- How to elevate a complete industry, and how to start to build the so-called “Starbucks effect.” [45:16]
- Three books on Joe’s reading list. [50:36]
- How to get more information about Joe. [52:35]
- Joe’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [53:22]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.