Jim Fetter is the owner of Aire Serv of Sumter, a provider of commercial and residential heater and air conditioning services in Sumter, South Carolina. Formerly the owner of an HVAC business called Jim’s Heating & Air Conditioning, he decided to become an Aire Serv franchisee in 2015, bringing nearly three decades of experience in the HVAC industry to the table.
In this episode, we talked about small business, HVAC, franchising…
- Introducing Jim Fetter. [1:28]
- More information about Jim’s experience in the business, and how he got into franchising. [3:10]
- What’s to love about franchising, and the important lessons one can learn from franchising. [6:10]
- How the pricing structure changes in a franchise. [8:49]
- Why you should strive to build value in your business. [10:38]
- Some of the challenges in starting and growing a business or a franchise. [14:04]
- “A-ha!” moments, having well-defined processes, and becoming “the ultimate consultant” for customers. [19:12]
- The concept of perceived value, and the level of autonomy one can have as a franchisee. [23:45]
- The power of repetition, and being unafraid of failure. [29:23]
- The worst thing you can do to a team, and why leadership matters. [32:35]
- The best ways to get found in the modern world of business. [36:11]
- Valuable advice for people who want to get into franchising. [39:49]
- How to get more information about Jim. [48:27]
- Three books on Jim’s reading list. [49:47]
- Jim’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [51:27]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.