Jaynie Smith is the bestselling author of the books Creating Competitive Advantage and Relevant Selling. An international speaker and consultant, she has spent over 35,000 hours consulting CEOs and C suite executives, and two decades working with Fortune 500 companies. She received one of the 15 Top Performer Awards for CEO coaching, and has been featured in Entrepreneur, Industry Week, Investors Business Daily & Business Strategies Magazine, among other publications.
In this episode, we talked about competitive advantages, entrepreneurship, marketing, sales, strategic planning…
- Introducing Jaynie Smith. [1:24]
- More information about Jaynie’s background and career. [3:10]
- The negative effects of commoditizing the industry. [7:00]
- Getting out of the “commodity corner” mindset. [13:21]
- Defining competitive advantage. [17:25]
- More information about the double-blind study method. [20:18]
- Where companies go wrong when they’re figuring out their competitive advantages. [28:45]
- The difference between prioritizing what you sell versus how you’re selling it. [32:30]
- Getting over the natural fear or aversion of selling. [37:32]
- How technology has sped up and changed the business landscape in the last couple of years. [41:04]
- Jaynie’s process for working with businesses of different sizes. [49:41]
- How to get more information about Jaynie. [53:00]
- Three books on Jaynie’s reading list. [54:09]
- Jaynie’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [55:09]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Website: Jaynie Smith
- Smart Advantage, Inc.
- The Future Is Faster Than You Think by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- The Visual Sale by Marcus Sheridan and Tyler Lessard
- No B.S. Guide to Maximum Referrals and Customer Retention by Dan Kennedy and Shaun Buck
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!