Jack Huntress spent the bulk of his career in environmental sciences. He co-founded PARCEL, a property due diligence reporting company, which gave him great insight into real estate and property management. He also established HomeBinder, an electronic records management system that leverages home inspectors to deliver property specific alerts, ongoing support, and recommendations to new homeowners to reduce headaches.
In this episode, we talked about environmental science, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, business development…
- Introducing Jack Huntress. [1:37]
- More information on Jack and HomeBinder. [3:28]
- Jack’s go-to market strategy for HomeBinder. [5:26]
- How HomeBinder works. [9:18]
- How they manage all customer data, and the safeguards in place to protect the customer. [10:58]
- The biggest objections that home service companies have about HomeBinder. [13:27]
- The interesting things Jack has learned about business ownership throughout the years. [15:55]
- The nuances and complexities of keeping track of everything your home needs—and the niche that HomeBinder fills. [18:19]
- How pros can become part of HomeBinder. [21:56]
- How to get people to consistently update their information in HomeBinder. [25:10]
- What the metrics say about HomeBinder user behavior. [27:45]
- The important role home inspectors play in this business. [29:25]
- The things that define a great contractor. [33:11]
- Jack’s vision of where the industry will go in the next 10 years. [38:24]
- Jack’s background in environmental science, and how it influenced his mindset and approach when it comes to starting a business. [44:14]
- The one thing that truly happy people possess. [47:59]
- The idea of leaving a legacy behind, and what retirement looks like for Jack. [50:42]
- Some tips home service providers could follow to improve customer service and grow their businesses. [53:12]
- Three books on Jack’s reading list. [54:41]
- How to get more information about Jack. [57:07]
- Jack’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [58:02]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Amazon Web Services
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Carl Sagan
- Richard Branson
- Elon Musk
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t by James C. Collins
- First, Break All the Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals by Chris McChesney, Jim Huling, and Sean Covey
- The E Myth by Michael E. Gerber
HAVE YOU PRE-ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $180M Garage Door business. Pre-order it now and get access to its first chapter before everyone else!
I purchased your book “Home Service Millionaire.”Your book came very highly recommended. I ordered your book on 4/24/20. I have attempted to reach the company but have not been successful. Could someone please look into what happened.
Terri Niles 4817 Wentworth Blvd Indianapolis, IN 46201 317-224-9019. Email: [email protected]
I am a 65 year young woman who wants to start a residential cleaning company. I want to give moms time to spend with their family, friends & the people they love.