Gordon Henry is the Chief Strategy Officer at Thryv, an end-to-end client experience software and small business management platform that can help automate tasks and provide good customer experience. He also hosts the Winning on Main Street podcast, where he talks about how to run a successful business in today’s competitive landscape.
In this episode, we talked about automation, marketing, client acquisition, customer experience…
- Introducing Gordon Henry. [1:08]
- How Gordon got into business when he initially wanted to become a journalist. [3:00]
- Gordon talks about the current team of Thryv who formerly worked for Yellowbook. [4:18]
- The difference between a Chief Marketing Officer and a Chief Strategist. [5:06]
- First things to prepare when establishing a business. [8:29]
- What Thryv does for its clients and how it works. [12:34]
- Gordon tells stories of known businesses who integrated automation into their systems. [20:09]
- What small but good businesses lack in order to attain success. [28:48]
- Small areas in businesses that owners can actually automate. [30:57]
- The importance of tracking internal KPIs in business. [34:39]
- How to get started on technology & automation for beginners. [46:07]
- Gordon shares a few client acquisition strategies for home service owners. [55:14]
- How to get more information about Gordon. [58:15]
- A book on Gordon’s reading list. [58:35]
- Gordon’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [59:12]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.