Jim Packard is the author of Consistency is The New Currency, and has built several successful businesses, including one with roughly 16,000 representatives and 40,000 customers. A Dale Carnegie Instructor and a certified trainer for both the John Maxwell Leadership Team and the Kaufmann Center for Entrepreneurship, he shepherded various inventions through development, and has also appeared on QVC over 25 times.
George Campbell is the author of The Consistency Chain for Network Marketing. From a decade-long, award-winning career in standup comedy, he ventured into professional speaking, a career he has pursued for more than 20 years. He has educated and entertained tens of thousands of people at hundreds of events, and was even inducted into the NSA “Speakers Hall of Fame” in 2002. He has appeared on 60 Minutes, and was interviewed for a cover article in the LA Times.
In this episode, we talked about leadership development, entrepreneurship & business strategy, relationship management, personal development…
- Introducing Jim Packard & George Campbell. [1:25]
- How Jim & George met, and how they started working on the book [4:43]
- The 80/20 rule, and how that applies to the consistency chain. [8:44]
- How having the right frame of mind can help you get through the toughest life challenges, one step at a time. [16:34]
- The chain gang strategy, and a program that will make it easier for people struggling with consistency to be accountable towards one another. [24:48]
- Figuring out and developing key activities for specific business owners and their respective businesses — “Where should I be spending my time?” [28:32]
- The story of the marshmallow experiment, and how it illustrates that early on, we’re wired to be 80-percenters. [41:26]
- How to identify the right people for the right roles in your business. [50:14]
- How to motivate people to be accountable for themselves and do things that will ultimately benefit them in the long run. [54:39]
- The value of starting small, and why starting small is not a limitation. [56:33]
- Doing multiple chains, and how to succeed at it. [59:10]
- More about the two books, Consistency is the New Currency and The Consistency Chain for Network Marketing. [1:02:05]
- How to get more information about Jim & George. [1:05:31]
- Three books on Jim’s & George’s reading lists. [1:06:42]
- Their most important pieces of advice to home service business owners. [1:08:38]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Website: ConsistencyChain.com
- Website: ChainGangApp.com
- Consistency is the New Currency: Forget “Crypto”, the Real Fortune is in Consistency by George Campbell and Jim Packard
- The Consistency Chain for Network Marketing: A Remarkably Simple Process for Harnessing the Power of Habit, Eliminating Self Sabotage and Achieving Your Goals by George Campbell and Jim Packard
- Off Balance on Purpose: Embrace Uncertainty and Create a Life You Love by Dan Thurmon
- Henry Ford
- Never Lose A Customer Again by Joey Coleman
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Go for No! : Yes Is the Destination, No Is How You Get There by Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton
- Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got by Jay Abraham
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.