Eric Barstow is the founder of Painting Business Pro, and is a certified painting and contracting expert. Even before his business took off, he had already been sharing his knowledge, training and mentoring college students to prepare them for a successful career in the future. With nearly a decade of experience in entrepreneurship, he is now a leading figure in the paint industry.
In this episode, we talked about painting, contracting, entrepreneurship…
- Introducing Eric Barstow. [1:17]
- Eric’s goals, and what he has been up to in the last ten years. [2:31]
- The value of loyalty and keeping a great team of people. [8:12]
- Why you should invest in your employees. [10:19]
- Why lead generation and delivering excellent service should go hand in hand. [14:10]
- The cost of lead generation—and why it’s worth it. [18:45]
- The subject of cost-cutting, and why you shouldn’t be chasing top line revenue over bottom line revenue. [27:40]
- Helpful advice for early-career home service entrepreneurs. [33:51]
- How establishing a reward system and incentivizing reviews can boost employee performance. [40:32]
- Focusing on delivering an 11/10 service experience. [46:07]
- The importance of having the right systems in place. [51:17]
- More information on Eric’s training strategy. [57:45]
- How to form the right team to take you to success. [1:03:50]
- Three books on Eric’s reading list. [1:05:01]
- How to get more information about Eric. [1:10:10]
- Eric’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:13:04]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.