Ellen Rohr is the President of Zoom Drain, LLC. She is an expert on organizing your business and franchising, specializing in accounting. Ellen is a successful franchisor, helping launch a plumbing franchise to 47 locations and $40 million in sales in under 2 years.
In this episode, we talked about accounting, motivating employees, franchising…
- Introducing Ellen Rohr. [1:06]
- What Ellen has been up to recently. [1:46]
- How to get over the difficulties of looking at a balance sheet. [3:26]
- Ellen’s thoughts on “housekeeping” and handling inventory. [10:27]
- The “known financial position” and the financial quick check. [16:47]
- Growing your business assets and navigating through the sometimes-confusing jargon of accounting. [20:30]
- Coming up with correct pricing and compensation programs to motivate people. [28:13]
- Understanding the difference between gross profit and gross margin, and why you need to pay attention to both. [32:12]
- How to contact Ellen. [35:50]
- The advantage of switching over to a flat rate. [38:00]
- The concept of “counting the loaves, not the pieces of bread” and the importance of open book management. [42:50]
- Ellen’s insights on what really defines the success rate of a franchise or franchisee. [54:47]
- One book on Ellen’s reading list. [1:07:20]
- Ellen’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:09:04]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.