Tommy Mello is the author of Home Service Millionaire and the founder of A1 Garage Doors, a $150 million-plus home service business with over 500 employees in 16 states. Through HomeServiceMillionaire.com and the Home Service Expert podcast, Tommy shares his experience and insights to help fellow entrepreneurs scale their businesses.
In this special episode of the Home Service Expert podcast, Tommy answers your biggest questions about human resource management, lead conversion and lead generation, pricing, business expansion…
- How home service businesses are faring during the Christmas season. [03:27]
- Some ideas in celebrating Christmas with your employees. [04:13]
- The most effective way to scale the documentation process. [07:34]
- What Tommy does in task delegation. [10:32]
- Recommended resources in starting a garage door company. [11:01]
- Key pieces of advice for someone who want to do pay-per-click. [12:09]
- Assessing when a lead is considered dead. [17:33]
- Tommy’s thoughts on changing the name of a well-established business. [20:11]
- Starting point for building a company’s standard operating procedures and key performance indicators. [22:14]
- Tips on getting more reviews for your home service business. [25:47]
- The fastest and most effective way in restoring your company’s reputation. [31:08]
- Knowing when to buy your first home service business. [32:16]
- Making a smooth transition after purchasing an existing home service business. [36:33]
- What a typical office weekday looks like for Tommy. [38:42]
- Dealing with standard pricing. [45:32]
- Some questions you can ask a $2.5 million landscape company. [46:51]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU PRE-ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $180M Garage Door business. Pre-order it now and get access to its first chapter before everyone else!