David Carroll is the serial entrepreneur who conceptualized the automated Direct Mail marketing tool Dope360. He is the founder of DOPE Marketing, a marketing business that provides data and advertising services for small and medium-sized businesses, and the chief marketing officer of A Type Data, which specializes in business and consumer data compiling. In 2011, he opened Lions Share Maintenance, a company specializing in exterior cleaning and restoration for residential and commercial properties.
In this episode, we talked about direct mail marketing, market research, real estate marketing, email marketing, audience targeting, marketing lists…
- Introducing David Carroll. [0:20]
- A look at David’s entrepreneurial journey. [2:14]
- The naysayers of direct mail, yard signs, and business analytics, and finding the right avatar for direct marketing. [5:14]
- Identifying the drawbacks of direct marketing. [7:10]
- Narrowing down and segmenting data and lists. [9:08]
- The secret to giving an amazing postcard. [12:16]
- The biggest misconceptions when it comes to data. [15:01]
- Getting emails into your target customers’ inboxes. [17:23]
- Several different ways to touch base with your customers, and using them in conjunction. [20:10]
- The benefits and complexities of text message marketing. [21:24]
- Effective strategies for using yard signs for marketing. [29:31]
- The platform DOPE Marketing uses to make the execution of marketing strategies easier. [33:22]
- How to get more information about David. [41:17]
- Three books on David’s reading list. [42:14]
- David’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [51:03]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- DOPE Marketing
- Home Depot
- Google Analytics
- Google Street View
- Whole Foods
- Josh Latimer
- Money Mailer
- The E Myth by Michael Gerber
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg
- No B.S. Marketing to the Affluent by Dan Kennedy
- Rage: A Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Explosive Anger by Ronald Potter-Efron MSW Ph.D.
- Never Split the Difference by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz
HAVE YOU PRE-ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $180M Garage Door business. Pre-order it now and get access to its first chapter before everyone else!