Danny Kerr is the Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Breakthrough Academy. At 20 years old, Danny took a leadership position for a franchise company and grew sales by 300% in one year, and over the next six years was managing over 150 staff in the organization. Today, Danny along with the team from Breakthrough Academy help contractors transition from being doers of all things, to builders of great systems and leaders of great people.
In this episode, we talked about training, recruitment, ROI, KPIs, leadership, working environment, productivity…
Stuck with Inefficient Systems and Processes?
If you want guidance and done-for-you systems to accelerate your business growth in a structured way, you’ll love the program that my friends from Breakthrough Academy have put together:
- Introducing Danny Kerr. [01:02]
- A couple of processes Breakthrough Academy is currently working on. [03:17]
- The concept of a “decentralized command” and being in-charge of goals to drive performance. [05:38]
- Figuring out where opportunities are despite numerous economic challenges. [09:30]
- Measuring workplace productivity to hit more hours. [13:27]
- Understanding the right combination of KPIs and human elements to measure productivity. [15:48]
- Danny’s thoughts on the standardization of work. [16:53]
- Two factors that often hold back employees from unleashing their potential. [20:05]
- Creating a safe space for your employees to seek alignment. [24:21]
- Having one-on-one calls to understand your employees them better. [31:36]
- Why the human element shouldn’t be removed despite automation services. [36:33]
- The concept of “situational leadership” and being more intentional with your people. [39:50]
- Some ways to get an ROI out of your current team. [43:46]
- Creating a leadership structure with good layers of management. [46:39]
- Determining the right approach your employees need to maximize productivity. [49:01]
- Building a talent pool with only high quality candidates. [56:28]
- A book on Danny’s reading list. [1:01:46]
- Danny’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:04:21]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!