Danielle Hayden is the co-owner of Kickstart Accounting, Inc. where she helps business owners with bookkeeping, financial analysis, and education. She is the author of the Profit Planner book series. After being a corporate finance officer for over ten years, she now assists female entrepreneurs in better understanding their numbers.
In this episode, we talked about accounting, finance, bookkeeping, auditing, strategic planning, small business…
- Introducing Danielle Hayden. [1:27]
- More about Danielle’s history, and what drove her to start her own thing. [3:17]
- The key elements to focus on during a financial quick check that helps paint a better picture of its current situation. [5:14]
- The things that any entrepreneur starting out would benefit from knowing. [7:24]
- Figuring out profit versus growth. [10:08]
- Understanding the financials of a business, in as far as being crucial for achieving profitable growth. [14:18]
- What business owners need to know about securing loans and bank financing. [19:35]
- Allocating a day for reviewing your financial information, and the benefits of a weekly dashboard. [24:40]
- Some great tools for business owners for keeping track of their financials. [28:12]
- Other KPIs that businesses should keep an eye on. [32:47]
- The breakeven point, overhead rate, and what you can learn from your profit and loss statement. [37:28]
- A good profit margin for most companies, within what’s realistic. [40:32]
- Business accounting, how you should be paying yourself as a business owner on payroll. [41:55]
- Understanding the differences between cash versus accrual. [45:00]
- More information about Danielle’s book The Profit Planner, as well as the Profit Planner Bundle. [46:39]
- How to get more information about Danielle. [49:22]
- Three books on Danielle’s reading list. [50:13]
- Danielle’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [51:11]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.