Art Sobczak is regarded by many as the master of cold calling and inside sales telemarketing. A sales trainer for cold calling, inside sales, and account management since 1983, he is the founder of Business by Phone, Inc., banking on 35 years of industry experience. He is the author of Smart Calling, and was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals in 2012.
In this episode, we talked about cold calling, telemarketing, artificial intelligence…
- Introducing Art Sobczak. [1:08]
- How he got into telemarketing, sales, and the phone service business. [2:40]
- How to set yourself up for success and get the right people. [8:25]
- Best practices for service professionals for phone communication. [13:22]
- The right solution to not give too much information when customers are asking technical questions. [35:00]
- How to set realistic expectations for customers, and a fair booking rate on an inbound call. [44:57]
- How easy it is for call centers to get unfairly blamed when things go wrong. [48:12]
- Applying the concepts of The Five Love Languages in telemarketing. [49:53]
- When to stick to a script, and when to just go with the flow. [52:22]
- The perfect opening line that really resonates with people on the phone. [57:05]
- How Google’s automatic voices, AI, and technology over the next five years will steer the industry. [58:56]
- How to get more information about Art. [1:03:55]
- One important book on Art’s reading list. [1:05:19]
- Art’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:07:39]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.