Al Levi is the author of The 7-Power Contractor and co-author of The Home Service Millionaire. A former contractor who worked for 25 years in every aspect of his family’s Long Island-based HVAC/plumbing business, Al has been rated as one of the 25 most influential contractors in the United States by Plumbing & Mechanical Magazine. He now helps other contractors learn how to run their businesses with less stress and more success through consultations, workshops, and webinars.
In this episode, we talked about staffing, sales, recruiting, training…
Sick of employees who don’t follow your procedures?
If you want your contracting business to run without you, I have something special for you today: I partnered with Al Levi to give you the opportunity to get his 7-Power Operating Manual System with a $1,000 discount.
- Introducing Al Levi. [1:31]
- The effectiveness of staffing power. [6:14]
- The difference between a career and a job. [9:18]
- The number one skill for sales. [10:50]
- The things that get people to want to work for you. [16:22]
- How to find great people, and thoughts on marketing and recruiting. [21:28]
- Good questions to ask during the hiring process. [30:32]
- Making interviewees talk, and the importance of having a good setup and hiring process. [31:22]
- Training as the next step, and finding people who are great trainers. [38:28]
- Making people want to work for you versus having to work for you. [44:56]
- Getting out of the firefighter mindset. [56:25]
- A special promo for listeners of the Home Service Millionaire. [58:54]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!