Al Levi is the author of The 7-Power Contractor, and has helped countless businesses get organized for nearly two decades. Prior to that, he worked as a contractor in the HVAC plumbing business for 25 years. He is a regular columnist for Plumbing & Mechanical Magazine, and has been rated one of the 25 most influential contractors in the United States.
In this episode, we talked about Operating manuals, Communication, Efficiency…
Sick of employees who don’t follow your procedures?
If you want your contracting business to run without you, I have something special for you today: I partnered with Al Levi to give you the opportunity to get his 7-Power Operating Manual System with a $1,000 discount.
- Introducing Al Levi. [1:04]
- What he has been up to lately, and how he got started in the manual-making business. [2:29]
- How his approach helped Zoom Drain President, Jim Criniti, improve operations and transform the company into the plumbing powerhouse that it is today. [8:51]
- The triangle of communication: the three main essential things in any home service business. [14:56]
- The areas of the business where most owners have trouble when it comes to fixing what’s broken. [20:25]
- The three most common problems that an operating manual can fix. [24:30]
- How to address people who think that they don’t need an operating manual because their company’s doing just fine. [28:57]
- The difference between a business owner’s salary and their actual profit. [41:03]
- Building one’s own operating manual, and the resources it requires. [48:35]
- Keeping our lives organized by spending time, money, and energy the right way. [51:04]
- The Build Your Operating Manual online training course. [53:52]
Resources And People Mentioned:
HAVE YOU ORDERED MY NEWEST BOOK YET?
In my new book, Elevate, I share how I created the right structures and incentives to build a team of A-players, and how that helped me build a $200M Garage Door business in 19 states. Order it now and get access to 5 free amazing bonuses!