Adam Cronenberg has had over a decade’s worth of professional experience in various industries, with a specific focus on relationship management, process optimization, and negotiation. As A1 Garage Door Service’s COO, he has played a critical role in shaping the business’s success and growing it from the ground up.
In this episode, we talked about consultative selling, relationship management, prospect contract negotiation, closing the deal…
- Introducing Adam Cronenberg. [1:05]
- Some background information about Adam. [2:14]
- How the adoption of a better software solution (ServiceTitan) became a catalyst in the development of the company. [8:12]
- How they overcame the budgeting and bookkeeping challenges they experienced at the company’s inception, [13:19]
- Why having a great team is integral to the success of a company. [17:05]
- How Tommy, Adam, and the team make time to bond—and how that helps them make better decisions for the business. [21:24]
- Why it’s important to take time to focus on the business, and not in it. [24:26]
- Why sometimes, tough decisions have to be made, whether concerning employees or markets, for the benefit of the business. [28:13]
- What’s being optimized at A1 Garage Door Service right now, and why it’s “a great time to be working on things.” [34:38]
- How the “performance pay” structure has proven to be a boon for the company’s operations in ensuring productivity during crisis situations. [36:14]
- The various opportunities to work things out in the business, in the midst of the ongoing pandemic. [42:13]
- How keeping a daily log helps tremendously with time management. [46:43]
- Finding the right balance between technical expertise and interpersonal skills, and how that can help you identify the right person for the job. [51:46]
- What sets A1 Garage Door Service apart from 99% of the other companies out there in the industry. [57:03]
- The culture at the company, and how it represents their overall vision. [1:08:16]
- The number one goal when you’re the owner or a senior manager of a 30-person company. [1:13:54]
- Three books on Adam’s reading list. [1:25:56]
- How to get more information about Adam. [1:27:29]
- Adam’s most important piece of advice to home service business owners. [1:27:51]
Resources And People Mentioned:
GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY NEWEST BOOK NOW!
This is my proven-and-tested playbook for growing your home service business without working like a madman. In this book you'll find everything from recruiting, marketing, sales, leadership, financing and much more! All I ask you is to cover the shipping cost.